Harrow High School is pleased to announce that today its learners will yet again be receiving a fantastic set of A-Level and Level 3 BTEC results, allowing them to progress to universities and apprenticeships of their choice.
In Year 13, 29% of A-level grades were awarded at A*-A, with 50% awarded at A*-B. In A-Level Maths, Physics, Computer Science, and Spanish over 60% of all entries were at A*-B.
We are also immensely proud of our students’ Level 3 BTEC grades; 42% were awarded at Distinction* and 72% were awarded at Distinction*-Distinction.
Paul Gamble, Headteacher, commented “We are thrilled for our learners, who have achieved such a remarkable set of results. They reflect just how hard learners and staff have worked together to achieve these outcomes and I would like to thank everyone in our school community for their role in supporting our learners achieve their goals. Our Sixth Form is a unique learning environment, with small class sizes, allowing teachers to know their learners really well, meaning they get the individual support they need to be successful.”
Kevin Patel, Head of Sixth Form, said “Our students have worked so hard over the last 2 years, so it is a pleasure to see them rewarded with these high grades which will allow them to be successful at university where the large majority of our students will be heading. University is not for everyone however, and I am equally proud of our students who are going to be doing an apprenticeship or entering the world of work. For example, one of our students is moving to Birmingham to do an apprenticeship with the prestigious financial services firm PricewaterhouseCoopers. I wish all of Year 13 lots of luck as they move to the next exciting chapter in their lives”
We are very proud of all our students, but some individuals have really shone this year:
- Mehedi Khan A*AAB in Business Studies, Computer Science, Economics, and Bengali and will be reading Computer Science at Queen Mary. Mehedi says he was “very happy, I have got into my first choice university, and am very great full to my teachers who have worked so hard to support me.”
- Yalman Ahadi who achieved A*AA in Computer Science, Physics, and Maths, and will be reading Computer Science at UCL. Yalman is “very happy, it’s brilliant that I got into UCL. I owe it all to my teachers who were amazing.”
- Sara Elawadi who achieved A*AA in Maths, Chemistry, and Physics who will be reading Mechanical Engineering at UCL.
- Aina Razafimambason who achieved AAAB in Economics, French, Maths, and Sociology and will be reading Social Sciences at the University of Amsterdam.
- Krishnan Kara who achieved Triple Distinction* in BTEC Science and will be reading Digital Marketing at Coventry.
- Florin Sacalus who achieved Triple Distinction* in BTEC Business and will be reading Business Management at Sheffield.
For further information about the Sixth Form at Harrow High School, including applications for September 2018 please see our website, and get in touch with us.